Iskandarliving Forums • <!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->Moderator Control Panel • <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{ UCP } • <!-- ENDIF -->View topic - Car Service

Car Service

Car; Carpool; Coastal Highway; EDL; Living in JB & Commuting to SG; Looking for Driver; Rapid Transit Link (RTL); MACS; Malaysian Driving Licence; Maps; Puteri Harbour Ferry Schedule

Car Service

Postby ThamWei » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:56 pm

anyone have good recommend for service? like checking tyre or alignment.
recently feel very bad even driving in smooth lane, also feel like the car keep shaking shaking....
ThamWei

Re: Car Service

Postby BossLiew » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:33 am

i think you can just go to your nearest car workshop then , not much different actually.
normally like what you mentioned that you feel have a little shaking is alignment or your tyre age too old ady.
time to change it bro. btw what car you drive
BossLiew

Postby KcKeong » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:40 am

ThamWei wrote:anyone have good recommend for service? like checking tyre or alignment.
recently feel very bad even driving in smooth lane, also feel like the car keep shaking shaking....

should be the alignment or camber, how long you din't service your car?look like you don even have a good place to service.
try ask around your friend or colleague where they send for car service, just follow then . i'm also asking around and i go 1 by 1 .which workshop provide better service then i will continue support.
KcKeong

Postby Kiwichistr » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:35 am

BossLiew wrote:i think you can just go to your nearest car workshop then , not much different actually.
normally like what you mentioned that you feel have a little shaking is alignment or your tyre age too old ady.

As i know if the tires was too long like 5 years, the rubber will become hard, when driving also not that stable...
suggest you try to change the tires if really too old...
survey which brands of tires first before purchase
Kiwichistr

Postby Kiwichistr » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:37 am

ThamWei wrote:anyone have good recommend for service? like checking tyre or alignment.

if possible also share with us which brand of tires you are using and also car model and ages.
what driving type are you, city or highway?
I suggest you continental, since it got warranty for the tires
Kiwichistr

Postby Segovok » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:24 am

KcKeong wrote:should be the alignment or camber, how long you din't service your car?look like you don even have a good place to service.
try ask around your friend or colleague where they send for car service, just follow then . i'm also asking around and i go 1 by 1 .which workshop provide better service then i will continue support.

since that you know almost every 3 months got to send for car services, then if we get a cheap tires and also do maintenance, the tires also working good,
why not we save the money from getting 2nd hand tires and maintenance the services, save a lot also
Segovok

Postby Segovok » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:26 am

Kiwichistr wrote:As i know if the tires was too long like 5 years, the rubber will become hard, when driving also not that stable...

hmm, not really i think, if city drive, the car tires can last longer a bit, but for sure remember always do car services,
able to know the durability, to prevent any incident....
Segovok

Postby anakjohor » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Segovok wrote:
KcKeong wrote:should be the alignment or camber, how long you din't service your car?look like you don even have a good place to service.

since that you know almost every 3 months got to send for car services, then if we get a cheap tires and also do maintenance, the tires also working good,
why not we save the money from getting 2nd hand tires and maintenance the services, save a lot also

It's not encourage to take second hand tire. These tire used to wearing out fast and other problem... If you want to save up the 50bucks to risk your life then I have nothing good to say.
anakjohor

Postby ThamWei » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:27 am

anakjohor wrote:
Segovok wrote:

It's not encourage to take second hand tire. These tire used to wearing out fast and other problem... If you want to save up the 50bucks to risk your life then I have nothing good to say.

yes...i have the same mindset... will no take my life to dangerous....
Last week I went to tire shop survey, they recommended Conti for me.... they said the cc series tire is good in braking and more durable.... Actually, I find the conti price is quite reasonable after the staff recommend me a few conti tire models.
Also, some of the 14 inch tire is quite cheap. So better, spend a bit more to get the new tire instead of second hand.
Last edited by ThamWei on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThamWei

Postby ThamWei » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:29 am

Segovok wrote:

my god.... 3 months check one time.... i think my car was service twice a years...
but i will see la , if no problem while driving , what for waste $$ to check.....normally when service the engine oil i wil also get the ppl to check together
ThamWei

Postby BossLiew » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:48 am

Kiwichistr wrote:
BossLiew wrote:i think you can just go to your nearest car workshop then , not much different actually.

As i know if the tires was too long like 5 years, the rubber will become hard, when driving also not that stable...

that why i suggest to send workshop and check if the car owner don't know how to check the info on tyre's side view.
what u said is truth , normally 5 years tyre is start getting dangerous , the performance will be lower like lost of grippy.
to be advise, also make sure the tyre age and for sure to choose a good quality brand, in malaysia ,i think there are few brand is listed in premium type.
get it and will not regret. :D
BossLiew

Postby BossLiew » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:53 am

Kiwichistr wrote:

if possible also share with us which brand of tires you are using and also car model and ages.
what driving type are you, city or highway?
I suggest you continental, since it got warranty for the tires

if continental tyre, i think the CC6 and MC5 is amazing, this 2 type is really design to satify consumer, it overall performance is very high
E.g Drip/wet grip, handling, comfort , all is up to 80% and the comfort rate for CC6 is up to 98% , how perfect you think it is
BossLiew

Postby FHBH » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:11 pm

It is good to check the tyres' alignment at major servicing. Normally driving should not result in big vibrations, hence do avoid driving over pot holes or uneven roads, and go over humps gently and avoid fast cornering.
FHBH
Asst Administrator

Return to Transport Matters