Iskandarliving Forums • <!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->Moderator Control Panel • <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{ UCP } • <!-- ENDIF -->View topic - Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Credit Card; Deposits for Subsale; Drafting a Will; Insurance; Loans; Opening of Bank Account; Procedure for Buying from Subsale; Procedure for buying from Developer; Remittances; Taxes;

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby FHBH » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Rates will generally increase very gradually until abt 2 years later when recovery is more solid. I think rates will climb faster by then.
FHBH
Asst Administrator
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby tcandy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:30 am

FHBH wrote:My SIBOR-pegged rate fluctuates every 3 months. Malaysia banks r so good in absorbing losses for borrowers if interest rates go up? If it sounds too good to be true it is not true. Banks r hungry wolves to me.


Malaysia KLIBOR-pegged rate fluctuates every 3 months as well... well Banks is doing business not charity... interest is their income.. they will not absorb but will extent the tenure of the loan.. they earn more you got less burden for your repayment.. win win situation..
tcandy
Junior Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby Manny » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:24 am

It just an article that i found out..
http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Busi ... sis-points

Base on article, many economic expected the BNM will raise the overnight policy rate (OPR) by 25 basis points from the current 3.0% to 3.25% by the next MPC meeting scheduled to be held on July 10.

In fact, just would like to find out on this OPR... will home loan interest rate will be affected? or KLIBOR or BLR will be affected?
Manny
Junior Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby yonglip2 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:24 am

all the interest rate take reference from the OPR...if it goes up, samma goes up..good time for savers though. Also i think the appreciation of the SG against RM will slow if IR in Msia goes up...but we import a lot from Msia,...so MAS will still maintain a gradual appreciation of the SG against RM to curb inflation. we may see volatility in the SG-RM exchange rate going forward. who comes out stronger its anyone's guess.. :mrgreen:
yonglip2
Moderator
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby FHBH » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:30 pm

tcandy wrote:
Malaysia KLIBOR-pegged rate fluctuates every 3 months as well... well Banks is doing business not charity... interest is their income.. they will not absorb but will extent the tenure of the loan.. they earn more you got less burden for your repayment.. win win situation..


Banks should not be given the leeway to extend tenure of loan unilaterally because it affects early redemption penalty and total interest rates.
FHBH
Asst Administrator
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby yeeyee » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:44 pm

just found out this by Hong Leong Bank. Anyone who sign up with HOng Leong KLIBOR home loan package are entitled to win a dream home
And for those who share this information from Facebook and Twitter... also entitled for a chance as well...

https://www.hlb.com.my/main/promotion/2 ... win-a-home
yeeyee
Junior Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:00 am

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby rolyo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:45 pm

yonglip2 wrote:all the interest rate take reference from the OPR...if it goes up, samma goes up..good time for savers though. Also i think the appreciation of the SG against RM will slow if IR in Msia goes up...but we import a lot from Msia,...so MAS will still maintain a gradual appreciation of the SG against RM to curb inflation. we may see volatility in the SG-RM exchange rate going forward. who comes out stronger its anyone's guess.. :mrgreen:

I understand that the all interest rate take reference from the OPR.. and i found out that when OPR increased, BLR and KLIBOR should increase sama...
based on the increment over the OPR @ 25 basis point.. BLR had increase from 6.6% to 6.85% total 0.25% but KLIBOR from 3.55% to 3.58% = 0.03%

it fact it seen like KLIBOR more stabil... Just my though
rolyo
Junior Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 3:53 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby pandanball » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:53 am

just to ask, does Base Rate (BR) will actually being affected by GST soon? if i want to buy a new house for marriage planning, should i wait a little bit or just get a loan before GST coming? :?
pandanball
Junior Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:01 am

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby FHBH » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:04 pm

pandanball wrote:just to ask, does Base Rate (BR) will actually being affected by GST soon? if i want to buy a new house for marriage planning, should i wait a little bit or just get a loan before GST coming? :?


Malaysian property sales seen declining after GST
Tuesday, 6 January 2015

PETALING JAYA: Property transactions are expected to decline by about 10%, with house prices remaining flattish or rising slightly by 3% to 5% upon the implementation of the goods and services tax (GST) on building materials, research house JF Apex Research said.

The imposition of the 6% GST will start on April 1 this year.

It anticipates the property market to moderate across the board, especially in the Klang Valley, Penang and Johor for all types of residential property, due to the challenging economic outlook, stringent mortgage approval, the Government’s cooling measures and the wait-and-see approach by buyers upon the implementation of the GST.

Developers that focus on the mass-market residential property segment, priced between RM300,000 and RM800,000, as well as with minimal exposure in Iskandar Malaysia, are expected to be more sustainable in their growth this year, added JF Apex Research.

“This segment is well-supported by genuine buyers who look for owner-occupied property,” it noted in a report yesterday.

The research house expects fewer new launches from developers moving forward amid weak consumer sentiment, and that more products in the market would be focusing on medium-cost housing, with smaller built-up areas but high average selling prices, aiming for genuine buyers.

Meanwhile, CIMB Research said property sales in the first quarter of the year would maintain the momentum from the second half of 2014 on the back of renewed confidence and expectations that property prices would rise post-GST implementation.

However, it noted that buyers would likely adopt a wait-and-see attitude for six to nine months after the implementation of the GST, which is in line with typical consumer behaviour in most countries.

“The net effect is that 2015 could end up being a similar year to 2014 in terms of property transactions, which we would categorise as a lacklustre year,” CIMB said in a report.

The research house has downgraded the sector to “neutral” from “overweight”. It has also downgraded UEM Sunrise Bhd to a “hold” from a “buy” and SP Setia Bhd to “reduce” from “hold”.

“UEM Sunrise was the worst performer, as Iskandar Malaysia has been hit hard by the cooling measures as well as concerns of oversupply from China-based developers,” it said, adding that the successful launch of UEM’s maiden project in Australia had helped cushion the blow.

“In view of very difficult property market conditions in Iskandar Malaysia, UEM Sunrise will likely continue to rely on new launches in the Klang Valley and Australia to drive sales in 2015,” it noted.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Busi ... ?style=biz
FHBH
Asst Administrator
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby bazaoyu » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:33 pm

I think its important to implement GST because with the GST, taxes are levied fairly among all the businesses involved, whether they are in the manufacturing, wholesaling, retailing or service sectors. GST also eliminates double taxation under SST. Consumers will pay fairer prices for most goods and services compared to SST. If someone is doubt or worry about the changes of Base Rate that will affect personal loan why not go for Islamic loan which more exposure of info can be found online.
bazaoyu
Junior Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby pandanball » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:10 pm

FHBH wrote:
pandanball wrote:just to ask, does Base Rate (BR) will actually being affected by GST soon? if i want to buy a new house for marriage planning, should i wait a little bit or just get a loan before GST coming? :?


Malaysian property sales seen declining after GST
Tuesday, 6 January 2015

PETALING JAYA: Property transactions are expected to decline by about 10%, with house prices remaining flattish or rising slightly by 3% to 5% upon the implementation of the goods and services tax (GST) on building materials, research house JF Apex Research said.

The imposition of the 6% GST will start on April 1 this year.

It anticipates the property market to moderate across the board, especially in the Klang Valley, Penang and Johor for all types of residential property, due to the challenging economic outlook, stringent mortgage approval, the Government’s cooling measures and the wait-and-see approach by buyers upon the implementation of the GST.

Developers that focus on the mass-market residential property segment, priced between RM300,000 and RM800,000, as well as with minimal exposure in Iskandar Malaysia, are expected to be more sustainable in their growth this year, added JF Apex Research.

“This segment is well-supported by genuine buyers who look for owner-occupied property,” it noted in a report yesterday.

The research house expects fewer new launches from developers moving forward amid weak consumer sentiment, and that more products in the market would be focusing on medium-cost housing, with smaller built-up areas but high average selling prices, aiming for genuine buyers.

Meanwhile, CIMB Research said property sales in the first quarter of the year would maintain the momentum from the second half of 2014 on the back of renewed confidence and expectations that property prices would rise post-GST implementation.

However, it noted that buyers would likely adopt a wait-and-see attitude for six to nine months after the implementation of the GST, which is in line with typical consumer behaviour in most countries.

“The net effect is that 2015 could end up being a similar year to 2014 in terms of property transactions, which we would categorise as a lacklustre year,” CIMB said in a report.

The research house has downgraded the sector to “neutral” from “overweight”. It has also downgraded UEM Sunrise Bhd to a “hold” from a “buy” and SP Setia Bhd to “reduce” from “hold”.

“UEM Sunrise was the worst performer, as Iskandar Malaysia has been hit hard by the cooling measures as well as concerns of oversupply from China-based developers,” it said, adding that the successful launch of UEM’s maiden project in Australia had helped cushion the blow.

“In view of very difficult property market conditions in Iskandar Malaysia, UEM Sunrise will likely continue to rely on new launches in the Klang Valley and Australia to drive sales in 2015,” it noted.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Busi ... ?style=biz


so it seems like purchasing a property right now is not a good choice? :o
pandanball
Junior Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:01 am

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby Kristan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:30 pm

can't say not a good choice
eg before/after GST u want to buy a car? of cz before becz u dun want overcharge
although article above said less ppl buying house it doesn't mean u need to stop your plan
go ahead with what u think
Kristan
Junior Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:17 am

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby alexasusu » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:47 am

pandanball wrote:just to ask, does Base Rate (BR) will actually being affected by GST soon? if i want to buy a new house for marriage planning, should i wait a little bit or just get a loan before GST coming? :?


It is understandable that most of us are still lack of information about Base Rate. We should be careful with the spread rate given by the bank as lower Base Rate does not mean lower interest rate. I think it is better for u guys to check out from different banks about this framework to avoid any confusion. Here's a link to what I found so far https://www.hlb.com.my/main/info-centre/personal/loans/section/introduction-of-new-reference-rate-base-rate#/section/introduction-of-new-reference-rate-base-rate
alexasusu
Junior Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby joshkit » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Is BR affected for all kinds of property in Malaysia?? :?
joshkit
Junior Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby Kristan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:19 pm

joshkit wrote:Is BR affected for all kinds of property in Malaysia?? :?

what do u mean? BR is the new framework and 2nd Jan onward, it apply to all property
Kristan
Junior Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:17 am

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby babylaw » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:03 am

i think the safe way of course ask from the bank officer who will be more familiar.. better before making decision bcause u can ask more from them..
btw, i also heard about islamic loan.. n its not only for muslim people but for all races.
babylaw
Junior Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby ginarie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:30 am

BLR ady being replaced by BR for the new reference rate loans lor..
I m getting married by this year and planning to get house for me and future wife. What is the interest loan rate will be ah bcos of GST and BR will be applied in April right?
ginarie
Junior Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 12:43 am

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby FHBH » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:01 pm

We need US Fed to let us know by mid of this year. General trend is marginally upwards. With BR, the impact might be felt more quickly.
FHBH
Asst Administrator
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby excelrace55 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:39 am

Actually hor, i feel its better for u guys to str8 go to the bank and get proper explanation on BR la instead of just seeking advice everywhere since not everyone also knw about BR so detail one lehh. and if u got the money to buy hse now just go ahead la dont wait dy, BR is just a new framework of interest rate, at the end of the day dont tell me bcos of the loan u dont wanna buy hse right. Plus there's some banks that offer lower rate one like my Hong Leong Bank, Maybank for BR. I did some research on BR these days bcos i also planning to get a hse for myself, so here's my finding on BR:

https://www.hlb.com.my/main/info-centre/personal/loans/section/introduction-of-new-reference-rate-base-rate#/section/introduction-of-new-reference-rate-base-rate
excelrace55
Junior Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:50 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby FHBH » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:04 am

FHBH
Asst Administrator
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby rolyo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:37 am

The new framework for base rate good meh ltr buy already then suffer its like working to live not living to work
better wait ltr only see the economy after the gst is implemented
be like me rent house can already or u can live with ur fiancee first before buying new house :lol: :lol: :lol:
rolyo
Junior Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 3:53 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby jennychua » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:56 am

FHBH wrote:Comparison of BRs: https://www.imoney.my/home-loan.


good information boss. thanks for sharing
jennychua
Junior Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:19 pm

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby socky88 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Since BR has been implemented.. Its good whr certain banks are setting higher BR to remain competitive in the market leh. U shall access if u could afford to repay the loan or not in future if lending rate increases...
socky88
Junior Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:19 am

Re: Need explanation about what is KLIBOR loan

Postby sunflo0303 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:00 pm

maybe the BR will increase or decrease at anytime because it's depend to bankers which float rate.. any banks can up or down their rate
sunflo0303
Junior Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Высококачественные профессиональные плёнки Минск

Postby Patriotrrz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:51 am

Привет друзья!
Предлагаем Вашему вниманию высококачественные профессиональные плёнки.
Наша организация"ООО Защитные плёнки" работает 15 лет на рынке этой продукции в Беларуси.
Мы можем предложить Вам Защитные плёнки ,архитектурные плёнки,декоративные плёнки,автомобильные плёнки и противопожарные плёнки.
Более подробная информация размещена на нашем сайте
С уважением,коллектив "ООО Защитные плёнки".

Image

светозащитные пленки на окна
солнцезащитная зеркальная пленка
пленки для оконного стекла
бронирование авто пленкой
зеркальная тонировочная пленка
Бронировка балконов минск
бронирование пленкой автомобиля
витражная пленка на стекло самоклеющаяся купить
пленка солнцезащитная для окон купить
установка защитной пленки
пленка противоударная
защитная пленка на металл
зеркальная пленка на окна
пленки для стекол
декоративная лента для мебели
пленка для тонировки окон цена
бронирование стекол пленкой
тонирование балконов
продажа защитной пленки
купить защитные пленки
защитная пленка универсальная минск
тонированная пленка для окон купить
зеркальная пленка для стекла
зеркальная пленка на авто цена
тонировка окон и балконов
матовая пленка на окна купить
пленка на стекло от солнца
тонирование зданий
тонировка перегородок
защитная самоклеящаяся пленка
купить витражную пленку с рисунком
Тонировка офисов
Бронировка банков минск
тонирующие пленки
витражная пленка на стекло купить
защитная плёнка
зеркальная пленка на окна купить
архитектурные пленки минск
продажа пленки
тонировка балкона
тонировка домов
пленка для авто купить
Плёнки для авто минск
бронирование автостекол пленкой
бронирование пленкой авто
пленка прозрачная
матовая пленка на стекло купить
бронированная пленка для авто
Противоударные плёнки минск
противоударная пленка
Patriotrrz
Junior Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:22 am
Location: United Arab Emirates

Previous

Return to Financial Matters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron