Iskandarliving Forums • <!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->Moderator Control Panel • <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{ UCP } • <!-- ENDIF -->View topic - Housing Loan Advice Needed !

Housing Loan Advice Needed !

Credit Card; Deposits for Subsale; Drafting a Will; Insurance; Loans; Opening of Bank Account; Procedure for Buying from Subsale; Procedure for buying from Developer; Remittances; Taxes;

Housing Loan Advice Needed !

Postby excelrace55 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:20 am

WOW didnt expect to get big bonus this year from my boss, thought he gonna just spend us dinner since he said might not have much bonus this year for CNY. Should I use it for deposit to buy house?? Anyone know more about the bank loan these days on the latest BLR rate?? I really think instead of just keeping it in the bank might as well i use it properly right?
excelrace55

Re: Housing Loan Advice Needed !

Postby Manny » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Wow... u are so lucky wehhh!! I din manage to get bonus cos company did not perform that well :( Which property u plan to buy? KL area?
Manny

Postby FHBH » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:46 pm

excelrace55 wrote:WOW didnt expect to get big bonus this year from my boss, thought he gonna just spend us dinner since he said might not have much bonus this year for CNY. Should I use it for deposit to buy house?? Anyone know more about the bank loan these days on the latest BLR rate?? I really think instead of just keeping it in the bank might as well i use it properly right?

No, you should not. You should just pass your bonus to me :mrgreen: :lol: :D

Alternatively you can hold your purchase until end of this year when prices start to correct, particularly for the condos along the southern coastal part of JB.

That is provided your job is secured :)
FHBH
Asst Administrator

Postby excelrace55 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:01 pm

I was planning to get an apartment in Taiping, priced around 250k to 300k. I want to know about the latest BLR, anyone have more information regarding on this? Also which bank should i go for? hehehe
excelrace55

Postby FHBH » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:35 am

Usually we apply to several banks, as rejection rate is quite high in the last 1-2 years. No more BLR for new loans, just BR iirc.
FHBH
Asst Administrator

Postby babylaw » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:52 am

haiya.. nowadays our economy were so bad.. i dont think nowadays is the right time for us to buy properties.. imagine that u got commitment for 30 years for installment.. did u suffer or not?
plus, the BRL will be replaced by BR. the BR rate will fluctuate every 3 months.. so we need to pay more for the interest rate.. lastlty we will auctioning.. :roll:
babylaw

Postby sunflo0303 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:56 am

You will not see any difference for BR and BLR lahh cos they are quite similar due to the economy goes up and down...
https://www.hlb.com.my/main/info-centre ... -base-rate
This is smth i found online bout the rates. Hope it helps. HMMM.. The property price is increasing and you may not able to buy property in future if you don buy now...
sunflo0303

Postby excelrace55 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:41 pm

After reading.... I understand better. Thank you for sharing the link. Any bank to refer for good rates? Wat is the current BR rates now uh?
excelrace55

Postby FHBH » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:48 pm

Base Rate vs BLR in Malaysia: How Does BR Work?
By Fiona Ho . 6 January 2015
https://www.imoney.my/articles/all-abou ... -rate-work

BLR to Base Rate: What Does This Mean For Your Home-Buying Dreams?
https://ringgitplus.com/en/blog/Home-Lo ... reams.html
by Diana Chai on January 8 2015
FHBH
Asst Administrator

Postby jennychua » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:35 am

nice info u alls.. that is useful for us for getting know bout the current rate nowadays.. as i know, one of my friend got BR rate +1.0 for loan property about 300k ringgit from Hong Leong Bank too..
i think maybe it the time for me to find out more about BR so i can decide when i can purchase my property.. :D
jennychua

Postby pandanball » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:40 am

I don think the BR & BLR is a big issue to be worry about lah.. By taking the average value, each of the bank will then determine the Base Rate. Base Rate will change every 3 mths, I did some research on the past BLR and BR, the rate is not much different.. Most important is to have a good financial plan ahead, if not for sure kena lelong..Hahahahaha :D
pandanball

Postby excelrace55 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:41 pm

FHBH wrote:
excelrace55 wrote:WOW didnt expect to get big bonus this year from my boss, thought he gonna just spend us dinner since he said might not have much bonus this year for CNY. Should I use it for deposit to buy house?? Anyone know more about the bank loan these days on the latest BLR rate?? I really think instead of just keeping it in the bank might as well i use it properly right?

Alternatively you can hold your purchase until end of this year when prices start to correct, particularly for the condos along the southern coastal part of JB.

ya ya! I should pass the money to you! you will sure help me to invest!! love love...---- don't dream! no way!!!

In fact, who know what will happens in future? no one know! hope I will not fire by company lol...
really need to wait until end of this year ar??! I afraid all my money will goes to LV shop by gf on the next few month!!!!
excelrace55

Postby excelrace55 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:47 pm

FHBH wrote:Usually we apply to several banks, as rejection rate is quite high in the last 1-2 years. No more BLR for new loans, just BR iirc.

well, what to do nowadays our people have to many credit commitment!
and the bank require to do cris, ctos in order to get the loan approved!!
well.. thanks god my record is good
no issued to get my loan approved by any bank I thinik
excelrace55

Postby FHBH » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:50 pm

excelrace55 wrote:ya ya! I should pass the money to you! you will sure help me to invest!! love love...---- don't dream! no way!!!

In fact, who know what will happens in future? no one know! hope I will not fire by company lol...
really need to wait until end of this year ar??! I afraid all my money will goes to LV shop by gf on the next few month!!!!

Place in fixed deposit for 1 year and take out to buy a property. I don't see how the condo developers can stick to current prices in view of so many units coming up. Good time to shop around and ask for discount discreetly or leave your contact behind. Economy and exchange rate are quite turbulent these few months. There are more bad news in 2014 and 2015 than in 2012-2013. More MNCs are retrenching these few months.
FHBH
Asst Administrator

Postby FHBH » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:24 pm

FHBH wrote:

Condo prices along southern coast have already correcting :mrgreen:
FHBH
Asst Administrator

Return to Financial Matters